Today we are pleased to announce that release for both products (Free and Premium) is available for download.
Features and improvements:
- Option to use Skype Desktop API is working again. Due to a bug in the Skype API, the option to use Skype API does not work for Skype 6.22 or 7.0. If option “using Skype Desktop API“ is enabled, Amolto is unable to detect when a Skype call starts and stops. The Skype API does not provide this information. The new version of Skype 7.1 has bugfixes for this issue. We tested Amolto audio/video recording via Skype API and it works fine without any problem. To download the latest version of Skype please use the following direct link: http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full
- The communications module with Skype has been improved.
By default Amolto does not use Skype API to detect when a Skype call starts and stops. When this option is disabled (by default), Amolto uses a special communications module that was developed by our developers. This module was improved and several bugs were fixed.
- New setting “Split tracks and store them to different files (my voice and participant’s voice)” is available.
We received many requests from our users about this feature. If this option is enabled Amolto makes additional files with separated tracks. Users are able to process these files separately in the third-party audio editors:
- New settings “Request for action dialog displaying time” and “Selected button in action’s dialog ” are available.
- New setting “Show Recording Details Form to enter description when recording is finished ” is available.
If this option is enabled Amolto shows Recording Details Form immediatly when your Skype conversation is finished:
- New command line arguments for Amolto MSI installer
To install Amolto Call Recorder silently, you must use Microsoft Windows Installer (MSI) command-line options and properties. Amolto MSI installer supports several additional parameters to define some settings by default during the installation process (like activation, shortcuts type …). For more details see article Command line arguments for Amolto MSI installer
- IndexOutOfRangeException occurs sometimes when Skype call ends – fixed.
- SQLiteException occurs randomly – fixed.
- Several issues connected to using Amolto with the latest version of Skype – fixed.
- Some minor bugs – fixed.